Broken Glass Makes Me Laugh
This may seem cruel, mocking and unpleasant to you.
And I do not disagree that it has its vile and childish side. But comedy has no friends, mad people are funny, and it's not news that I'm an arsehole sometimes.
-- Warren Ellis
Monday, October 27, 2008
Tuesday, October 14, 2008
The Glorious Mane of Michael Bay
Okay, while I still think Michael Bay is a bit of a tool*, this video makes me want to be him:
It's all the pointing that makes me love it.
*To be fair, not really. He might be perfect lovely as a human being, I just don't like his work.
Here's the pitch: Someone sets up a Twitter account as Michael Bay, and they post regular updates as if from the mind of the man himself. Hilarity ensues. Here's a sampling:
- Fuck you. 11:21 AM September 29, 2008 from web
- No. Seriously. Fuck You. 11:22 AM September 29, 2008 from web
- Boom. That's it. That's all you need to know. 11:40 AM September 29, 2008 from web
- If Im groggy in the am I get a triple venti espresso from starbucks and dump it on the first homeless person I see in downtown LA. It works. 08:25 AM October 02, 2008 from web
- Right now, I am combing my hair. Holy hell it's a breathtaking mane. 09:46 AM October 02, 2008 from web
- Would you describe my jaw as chiseled or cut from the finest marble man has ever quarried? 01:55 PM October 03, 2008 from web
- This is the worst commute EVER. I'm buying a faster helicopter. 08:46 PM October 03, 2008 from web
- C4 was not enough. That's what I invented C5. DOUBLE BOOM. 12:57 PM October 08, 2008 from web
- I make all of my own furniture. Out of dynamite. 01:45 PM October 07, 2008 from web I secretly hope that it's actually Michael Bay updating, because if he were really like this he'd be my favourite person in history.
Friday, October 10, 2008
The Dark Knight meets Toy Story
There's a bunch of these trailer mashups out there for the Dark Knight trailer, but this one's worth pointing out. It starts out okay, but I think it really comes together after the bit with Mr. Potato Head.
If you click through on the video, you can watch it in higher definition at YouTube.
While we're on the topic of The Dark Knight, I spotted this image on Digg today, under the title, "Why Halloween Will Suck This Year":
God, that's awful. The thought of these clowns (ha!) roaming the streets is enough to make me want to stay inside that whole week with the door locked and the curtains drawn. It's going to be like the 'Year of the Borats' a couple of Halloweens back.
I don't know what's worse, though, all those guys above, or this prefab Joker costume being sold in stores now:
What is that? The Joker as played by Rodney Dangerfield? "I told that last joke to my wife and she didn't laugh. Why so serious? I tell ya, I get no respect." Someone should get those guys that make the burgers look so good on Wendy's commercials to use their wizardry to make this costume look halfway decent.